Thread: I was hacked.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation I was hacked.

Hey, Just a heads up guys!

I know lots of people call hacks when things dont go their way. However, I've been hacked. Some how, some way. Someone got into my account took all my armor and all my cash on OSRS.

Im not blaming epicbot but the funny thing is, I ONLY log with epicbot, and I ONLY use one laptop. That laptop is not used to download anything, that laptop is also not used to stream anything. That old laptops soul purpose was to bot my runescape account.

so someone logged my account. and took everything of mine. I have no money, no weapons, no armor, no food. nothing.

Again, the only thing in the middle is epicbot. So unless runescape had a breach in account information... there is no possible way anything else happened.

not even my friends knew i still have an account on runescape. the only person was my girlfriend being that I told her to leave that laptop alone so I could bot it.

So what the fuck guys..

everyone should be changing their passwords right about now.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I call BS. You can't access someones information through epicbot.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thats what they tell us. But epicbot is the only thing other than my email that knows what my runescape email is. I made a dedicated email for a new account on runescape. The only service that knows my email, is epicbot. The only thing other than me that knows my email is epicbot. I have it entered in the account information. I've only had the email made for the game only. so epic bot and rs is the only thing that has knowledge of my account information. I've ran scans and malware scans on that laptop I used to bot and they all come up clean.
    I used to call bs too. I've used this bot for many years. There is no other way my information was discovered unless rs sold my info to someone.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lilbx View Post
    thats what they tell us. But epicbot is the only thing other than my email that knows what my runescape email is. I made a dedicated email for a new account on runescape. The only service that knows my email, is epicbot. The only thing other than me that knows my email is epicbot. I have it entered in the account information. I've only had the email made for the game only. so epic bot and rs is the only thing that has knowledge of my account information. I've ran scans and malware scans on that laptop I used to bot and they all come up clean.
    I used to call bs too. I've used this bot for many years. There is no other way my information was discovered unless rs sold my info to someone.
    If you are convinced that EB is the reason you got hacked, I doubt there is little I can say that will convince you otherwise, but let me try and provide some food for thought. If Epicbot was going to hack accounts, wouldn't they have gone after a much much more valuable account? Even if your account had millions of gold, it simply wouldn't be worth it to hack your account, even if it was possible. Hacking an account would be a massive breach of customer confidence and lead to major losses of revenue.

Also, EB doesn't have access to any of your account information. When you store your account info in the client, the info is stored locally on your computer and is never transferred over the network.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you use teamviewer? Ive heard recently teamviewer has been compromised.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    use google authentificator

Thanks
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    never been hack by EpicBot ever i had over 100m + no bank pin on few accounts i stored into client it self and yet never had been hack and i know EB does not hack accounts. if they did i be complaining years ago lol. most likely you been on site your not suppose be on picked up
    hidden key-logger from Downloaded File or some one in your house hold knows your info i cant even trust my own family members when comes RS they has sticky fingers so i make sure they cant just find my info any wear not even on my laptop i make passwords remember able.. only choices you has ones i stated..

Premium Bronze Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had this happen here this summer also. Exact same story as you, and I can tell you it was definitely someone from epicbot.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paco16 View Post
    I've had this happen here this summer also. Exact same story as you, and I can tell you it was definitely someone from epicbot.
    Once again, I can almost guarantee you it wasn't EB, but if you truly believe it was, there likely isn't much I can do to convince you otherwise. It would make less than 0 economical sense for EB to hack customer's accounts even if it was possible...